Oklahoma Medicaid Expansion
What is Medicaid Expansion?
In June 2020, Oklahoma voted to expand Medicaid (SoonerCare) to eligible adults age 19-64. Previously, SoonerCare was only available to specific populations, but with Medicaid Expansion, the Oklahoma Health Care Authority estimates that there are now more than 200,000 newly eligible residents of Oklahoma.
- If you have applied for SoonerCare before and were denied, apply again!
- Income requirements are estimates. Higher incomes may be accepted.
- There is no work requirement. If you are unemployed and/or not working, you may qualify.
- For individuals that are self-employed, income is calculated after business deductions.
- There are no health questions on the applications and pre-existing health conditions are covered.
- Enrollment begins June 1st, and coverage starts July 1st.
- Be a citizen of the US or be in the country legally.
- Be lawfully present for at least 5 years.
- Be a resident of Oklahoma.
- Meet income requirements (see below).
|Size of Household||Annual Income||Monthly Income||Weekly Income|
Income should be at or below the income listed. Higher income may be accepted.
Why should I enroll in SoonerCare?
SoonerCare is HEALTH INSURANCE! Health insurance is critical for both staying healthy as well as covering costs when you are sick or injured. There is no monthly premium for SoonerCare and there are very small co-pays (usually $4 or less) for most services. There are many benefits including:
- No monthly premiums
- Full medical coverage
- Very low co-pays
- Six prescription medications per month
- Plan covers:
- Medical and specialist visits
- ER and inpatient hospital services
- X-Ray and Lab services
- Medical equipment
- Diabetic supplies
- Behavioral Health visits
- Home Health visits
- And more!
First Priority and Medicaid Expansion
First Priority wants to help you apply for SoonerCare!
Starting Tuesday, June 1st, if you are between 19 and 64 years of age, you can apply for SoonerCare. Staff at First Priority, 2514 E 15th, Ste A in Tulsa will be assisting individuals to fill out the SoonerCare application starting June 1st.
First Priority is also a SoonerCare provider; you can get all your healthcare needs met, right here at the First Priority Medical Clinic.
The following are the times we will be available to assist you to apply for SoonerCare:
Monday——–10 am-3 pm
Wednesday—10 am-3 pm
Friday———-10 am-3 pm
What Do I Need to Bring?
When you fill out the SoonerCare application, you will be providing information about the people in your family and your household income. In order for the application to go through successfully the first time, this is the information you should bring with you:
- Legal names, birth dates, and Social Security numbers of all people living in your household.
- Income information including employer name, address, and phone number, and income amount for all household members who are employed.
- Amount of money received from other types of income, like Social Security, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), alimony, or child support for all household members.
- Current health insurance information including policy holder’s name, company name, policy or group number, type of coverage, and date effective for all household members with insurance.
- Access to an email account (please ensure you can log in to your email account while you are at First Priority). If you do not have an email account, we would be happy to help you set one up.
- If you or a family member already has SoonerCare, please bring in your account information. If you have a letter with your PIN number on it, please bring that, also. If you cannot find the information, we will help you call SoonerCare to get it.