What is Telehealth?
Oh no! I don’t feel well. Do I have a cold or allergies? Or I forgot I need to see the provider this month for my diabetes medication or my blood pressure medication or some other regular medication. These and so many other conditions can be taken care of with a telehealth visit.
Telehealth visits can be done from anywhere you have access to video capabilities like a computer, tablet, or smartphone. Most telehealth visits work like this:
- You get an email or text message with a link
- When you click the link, you are taken to the program you will use to talk to your provider
- Your provider will join the call
- You will have your visit with your provider. This could include:
- Talking about your problem
- Showing the provider something by bringing the camera close to your body
- Moving, stretching, or walking to show the provider how well you move
- The provider discusses options for treatment with you
- Your visit is over and you hang up
That’s it! It’s easy but a great alternative to going into the provider’s office. You can do it from your office, a breakroom, even your car! And it takes as little as 15 minutes.
If this sounds like the perfect type of appointment for you, call your provider’s office to schedule a telehealth appointment today!